Thank you so much to our donors for making our intensive training with Le Rire Medecin France (www.leriremedecin.org) a reality just few weeks ago on 12-16 September 2019.
With your generous help, we were able to be trained by Lory Leshin, the coach and clowns from Le Rire Medecin during the five days workshop held at Institut Latihan DBKL, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur.
14 participants from various background but mostly young people have attended the workshop.
What did we learned from Lory?
We have learned so much on based on the following syllabus:
1) Actor training in preparation for clown play.
2) (Re)Discovering some basic principles specific to playing in clown.
3) (Re)Discovering and refining each clown personnality (including a bit of time on costume and makeup).
4) Practicing how the clown duo can function well (complicity, conflict, status, etc).
5) The specifics of playing in a hospital situation (what makes children laugh, personal space, fatigue, fear, etc).
We really hope that we can continue our collaboration with Le Rire Medecin in the near future. We will keep you posted! 🙂
Thank you again for this opportunity to learn from one of the best clown doctors program in the world.
We are forever grateful!